Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Close call

I went home about two weeks ago to hear that the beloved Silver Bullet may be going to a better place, here is it's story.

One morning my dad went out and tried to turn the car on. As is customary the car turned on; however, the starter didn't disengage. This wasn't the only issue. Sparks and smoke started coming up from the transmission tunnel, obviously not a good sign. I didn't have enough time to look at it while I was home, but a few days ago I got a call saying that all was right with the world. Turns out that the switch which allows the car to start while in neutral or park only had some chrome shavings fall in it and short it out. The switch was removed, cleaned, and reinstalled and as stated above all is right with the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home