Monday, February 21, 2005

Very worried

Well I got underneath the car this weekend. As the title of this post hints, I'm very worried. I knew there was rust, but this is bad. I have the one floor panel about to fall off, which presents a major safety concern. I won't be having anyone sit behind me while driving anymore. When I get back to school and have some time I'm going to look at the situation from the interior. I'll also look at the other floor panels. I really don't think I'll continue with this project if all of the floor panels are rusted out. I will patch that panel out of concern for safety considering that the driver's seat is just in front of that section and I don't feel like falling through the floor. The major rust seems to be in a few key areas:
  • Both rocker panels
  • Floor pans
  • Leading edge of doors
  • Wheel wells.

This is not a complete list, but merely what I saw over the weekend. As previously mentioned I'll take apart the interior of the car and see how bad that is. I really hope it isn't as bad as the rest of the car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home